Retirement Shared Ownership available in St Albans, Hertfordshire – 1 bed apartment for £137,500 for 50%
Redeveloped on the site of a former sheltered housing scheme in St Albans, Eywood House is a retirement living scheme for the over 55s built by Hill Partnership.
Eywood House provides the security and privacy of your own home, plus has the reassurance of 24-hour emergency response. Your care and support can be tailor-made to suit your needs and adapted in the future if needed.
Eywood House offers a selection of self-contained one bedroom apartments with access to a range of services including on-site care, activities and shared communal spaces such as a residents’ lounge.
This exciting new building will provide an enabling environment that reflects the current understanding of complex needs of older people. The scheme will provide independent living with the added security and reassurance of 24 hour, 7 days a week emergency care should it be needed.
Eywood House offers a range of amenities and facilities on site including a communal garden and terrace which will provide an opportunity for staff and residents to meet, dine outdoors and participate in external group activities. The garden will have an informal, domestic character to provide a familiar homely retreat.
Other facilities available at Eywood House include a communal lounge, quiet room, storage for bicycles and mobility scooters and a guest suite* should you want a friend or relative to stay for a short period.
Key Features of this Older Person’s Shared Ownership apartment
– Balcony or terrace to all apartments
– Landscaped communal gardens
– Bicycle storage
– Communal Lounge
– Guest suite*
– Lift access to all floors
– Double glazing throughout
– Central heating throughout
– Mobility Scooter storage
– NHBC Guarantee
– Fully tiled bathroom with walk in thermostatic controlled shower
– Lecico back to wall WC with slow closing toilet seat and concealed cistern
– Vado wash hand basin with single lever mono basin mixer tap
– Chrome heated towel rail
– LED Downlighters
– Rixonway Gloss White Kitchen with ‘Tippo Grey’ laminate worktop
– Built in Bosch oven & hob with cooker hood
– Bosch integrated dishwasher, fridge/freezer and washer dryer
– Storm grey brick style tiling
– Wood effect vinyl flooring
– LED downlighters
– Mirrored wardrobe to master bedroom
Take a virtual tour of our show home (plot 1) at Eywood House.
*Please be advised that the virtual tour and the imagery used is from our show home at this development. This property only comes furnished with advertised appliances.
Location of this St Albans Property
The site is located in the historic city of St Albans in Hertfordshire which lies approximately 19 miles north of London. The city dates back to the Iron Age and in Roman Britain was the second largest city after Londinium. The city has a number of important historic sites and buildings including St Albans Abbey and the Roman remains of Verulamium.
The site lies to the west of Sopwell House, an historic white stucco Georgian country house, now a luxury 128 bedroom hotel, country club & spa.
The building itself is located in the St Julians area of St Albans, in the post-war built Cottonmill Estate. Eywood House has been redeveloped on the site of an old 1970’s sheltered housing scheme called Betty Entwistle House on Holyrood Crescent.
EligibilityShared Ownership homes are aimed at first time buyers or those who used to own a home, but are unable to buy one at the moment. It’s a way to get your foot on the property ladder enabling you to buy your first home.
- You are eligible if you have a household income that is less than £80,000 per year (in London it is less than £90,000).
- You don’t have to get a massive deposit because you will only need a mortgage for the share you are buying.
- The share of a property typically starts at 25% which you can take out a mortgage for, although the amount of share available to buy will be dependent on the housing provider.
- In addition you be required to pay a reduced rent as well as a mortgage.
Property listed on MovingSoon.co.uk by Domovo.
Please make sure you include a contact number and email address as well as quoting Property ID (#77311) when submitting your enquiry.
- Online Viewing Available
- Retirement Properties for sale
- Retirement Shared Ownership
- Overall Property Price
- £ 275,000
- Shared Ownership Amount From
- 50% / £ 137,500
- Rental Price
- £ 315.10 per month / 72.77 per week
- Estimated Monthly Service Charge
- £ 0
- Shared Ownership
- Hertfordshire / St Albans
- Energy Rating
- Date Listed
- Estimated Available From Date
- Property Views
Contact Domovo about:
Shared Ownership in St Albans, Hertfordshire
1 bedroom Apartment