- Shared Ownership
- Login / Register
We are pleased to bring to the market this 2 bedroom Shared Ownership house in Lancashire.
Goshawk Close, Cottam, PR4 0AZ
Final Phase of Two & Three Bed Houses Now Available!
A home of your own at Cottam Gardens
A collection of beautiful 2 & 3 bedroom houses available with Shared Ownership in the rural town of Cottam, Lancashire.
Plot 108 is a 750 square foot, Two Bedroom Mid Terraced House, with private garden & two parking spaces at Cottam Gardens, Lancashire, available to buy with Shared Ownership
Available to purchase from a 40% share.
Full Market Value: £177,500
40% Share Value: £71,000
5% deposit of 40%: £3,550
Rent on unowned share: £244
Service Charge: £42 per month
Council Tax: TBC*
The homes at Cottam Gardens have all been thoughtfully designed with modern living in mind, giving you and your family more space to enjoy life. Beautifully designed interiors and bright open plan spaces are complemented by a high specification throughout.
Think light, open plan living areas, luxurious master bedrooms with en-suites, two parking bays with Electric Vehicle Charging points for every home and large gardens including a paved patio area that come as standard.
You’ll have a choice of shops, a local pub, school, community centre and an outstanding local sports centre on hand, with all the amenities of Preston just a little further down the road. No wonder Cottam is becoming such a popular choice for buyers.
Preston railway station is just 3 miles away from Cottam Gardens, offering you excellent connections right across the country including regular services to Blackpool, Manchester, Lancaster and Liverpool. There are also excellent links to Glasgow, Edinburgh, Birmingham, the Lake District and two trains an hour (one direct) to London Euston.
Legal & General Affordable Homes is offering a unique opportunity to purchase a new home here through Shared Ownership. Thanks to this scheme, you can own your own home with a lower deposit than is required to buy outright or with other buying schemes.
Homes at Cottam Gardens will be ready to move into from Winter 2023.
For more information, please register or contact our Sales Consultant who will be delighted in helping you find your new home.
Cottam is surrounded by beautiful countryside just waiting to be explored. With stunning waterfalls, woodlands, old mines, historic ruins, monuments and ancient sites, a castle, rivers and canals, you’ll never be short of places to explore. In fact the Lancaster Canal runs just to the south of Cottam and continues all the way through the Forest of Bowland and along the Wyre coastline before finishing at Kendal providing you with beautiful views.
Nearby Preston is a town full of history with a choice of offers a great choice of shops, restaurants, cinema, theatre, museums and beautiful outdoor spaces. Blackburn is a little further and Manchester is also handy for a day out at the shops, an afternoon at the football (or cricket) and a night out on the town.
Blackpool and the Silverdale coast are also within easy distance, providing stunning scenery, a wealth of wildlife, historic villages and inspiring walks. Head further North and you find yourself in the sublime beauty of the Lake District. Or go West for the imposing peaks of Snowdonia. The Pennines and Yorkshire Dales are also within easy reach.
At Cottam Gardens, you’re perfectly placed for the M55, the direct road to Blackpool. It also links you with the M6, heading North to the Lakes and Scotland or South to the Midlands. The M65 also gives you a quick route to Yorkshire and, wherever you’re heading in the country, Cottam Gardens is a great place to start.
There are also regular bus services to Preston and the local area. Manchester and Liverpool Airports are both handy when travelling further afield but maybe the best form of transport in this part of the world is to take a boat, canoe or bicycle and follow the local canal out into the countryside.
For more information, please register or contact our Sales Consultant who will be delighted in helping you find your new home
WHAT IS SHARED OWNERSHIP?
Shared Ownership is a more affordable way to have the security and stability of owning your own home. Shared Ownership is a government backed part buy/part rent scheme designed to help you take that first step on the property ladder. The scheme enables buyers to purchase a share of the value of the home – this is usually between 25 to 75 percent of the value of the property – and pay a subsidised rent on the remaining portion. You have the option to buy a bigger share in the property at a later date (known as Staircasing).
Legal & General Affordable Homes are a Registered Provider offering these apartments for sale on a Shared Ownership basis. We are creating communities to live, grow and flourish and are committed to removing the stress and anxiety associated with moving house, whilst delivering customer satisfaction and quality new homes.
*Council tax bands are often not released until the property is complete. If you need any guidance, please get in touch with our Sales Consultants otherwise the local authority or the developer may be able to help.
CGI interior photos are taken in an actual three bed house at Cottam Gardens.
Zanussi electric oven, hob and stainless steel chimney hood
Paved patio area
Turf to rear garden
Two parking bays with an electric vehicle charging point
NHBC 10 Year Building Warranty
• Contemporary white gloss kitchen with chrome handles, under unit lighting and soft close cupboards
• Wood effect laminate worktop with matching upstand
• Stainless steel splashback to hob
• Stainless steel 1½ bowl sink with chrome mixer tap
• Zanussi electric single oven, hob and stainless-steel chimney hood
• Space for fridge/freezer
• Space for washing machine
• Removable base unit for future installation of dishwasher to 3 bedroom houses
• Contemporary white sanitaryware comprising close coupled toilet and basin
• Chrome mixer tap with clicker waste
• Splashback tiling to basin
• Contemporary white bathroom suite comprising bath, close coupled WC and pedestal basin
• Chrome mixer tap with clicker waste
• Glass shower screen to bath
• Aqualisa thermostatic bath/shower mixer over bath
• Large format wall tiling to bath and splashback tiling to basin area
• Chrome heated towel rail
• Wood effect vinyl flooring to kitchen or kitchen/diner, cloakroom and bathroom
• Grey carpet to living room or living room/ diner, stairs, landing and bedrooms
• White PVCu double glazed windows
• Walls and ceilings painted in ‘Almond White’
• Architraves and skirtings painted in white satinwood
• White painted internal doors with chrome ironmongery
• Gas central heating via Combi boiler and white contemporary radiators
• NHBC 10 year build warranty
• LED downlights to kitchen, living room, cloakroom and bathroom
• Pendant lighting to all other areas
• White sockets and switches
• Telephone point to hall and living room
• TV point to living room
• Smoke and carbon monoxide detectors
• Extractor fan to bathroom, cloakroom and kitchen
• Shaver socket to bathroom
• Light to front and rear elevation
• Spur for future provision of a burglar alarm
• Two parking bays per property with electric vehicle charging
• Paved patio area
• Turf to rear garden
• Outside tap
• 1.8m high timber fencing to rear garden
We take every care to ensure that the correct information is provided. The company employs a policy of continuous improvement and reserves the right to alter or amend the specification at any time and is subject to change. Details are correct at the time of going to print.
Lease Length: 990 years
Council Tax Band: New build – Council tax band to be determined
Equity share: 40% / £74,000