Older Persons Shared Ownership in Heald Green, Greater Manchester 1 bedroom flat available for £77,000- 70% share
21 Deanwater Court, Viscount Drive, Greater Manchester SK8 3HU
Flat 21 Deanwater Court – One bedroom ground floor flat
70% share for £77,000 FMV: £110,000
Service charge £101.61
Deanwater Court is a development situated in a quiet residential area of Heald Green. There are 21 units consisting of 5, two-bedroom bungalows and 16, one-bedroom flats near to the A34 with a bus route to Manchester, Stockport and Wilmslow. The Handforth Dean shopping complex is situated close by as well as John Lewis, Lakeland store and Sainsbury’s supermarket. The properties benefit from new double glazing throughout (carried out in 2010) with gas central heating, well maintained communal gardens and ample communal parking. There is a 24-hour emergency call system in place so you can enjoy independent living with peace of mind. Please note you must be 60+ to be considered for this property, but 55+ may be considered subject to approval from the other residents at the scheme.
Estate agents: Hampshire’s, 194 Wilmslow Road, Heald Green SK8 3BH
Please note that the picture is a general picture of the scheme and may not show the actual apartment for sale.
Shared Ownership is another way for you to buy your own home. You buy a percentage (between 40-75%) and pay a discounted rent on the rest. We own part of it, but it’s your home and depending on your lease, you can decide what to do with it and when to sell.
Buying a percentage means a smaller deposit and smaller mortgage, more importantly, it gets you on the property ladder sooner at a time that works for you and works in a way where you can buy shares to work towards owning 100% in the future. You’re in complete control.
EligibilityShared Ownership homes are aimed at first time buyers or those who used to own a home, but are unable to buy one at the moment. It’s a way to get your foot on the property ladder enabling you to buy your first home.
- You are eligible if you have a household income that is less than £80,000 per year (in London it is less than £90,000).
- You don’t have to get a massive deposit because you will only need a mortgage for the share you are buying.
- The share of a property typically starts at 25% which you can take out a mortgage for, although the amount of share available to buy will be dependent on the housing provider.
- In addition you be required to pay a reduced rent as well as a mortgage.
Property listed on MovingSoon.co.uk by Johnnie Johnson Housing - Sales.
Please make sure you include a contact number and email address as well as quoting Property ID (#82359) when submitting your enquiry.
- First Time Buyer
- Help to Buy
- New Build Homes
- Older People's Shared Ownership (OPSO)
- Over 60s
- Retirement Properties for sale
- Retirement Shared Ownership